EPIC is an on-going project facilitated by Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University faculty. It aims to:
- Provide collaborative, service and career-prep oriented projects for KCAD students where they can create digital and physical products directly with content, education, and media professionals in a professional environment.
- Explore, create and test new concepts for educational and informational media aimed at increasing the engagement, retention, understanding and synthesis of knowledge.
- Produce and distribute free (EPIC) media that can compete with popular culture while providing legitimate curriculum that aids teachers in creating engaging classrooms.
- Produce and distribute free (EPIC) media that can support community initiatives by moving people beyond reaction to action.
- Explore educational and community technology concepts that reference future technologies on the immediate horizon.
Melissa Boverhoff, KCAD student
Brenda Snell, KCAD student
Ben Georgoff, KCAD Student
Susan Bonner, KCAD Professor
Chris Brown, Digital Concierge
Katie Bush, Teacher: KHPS
Sandon Newton, Protege Games
Cailin Bates, student
I have decided to continue my education and work towards a degree that allows me to pursue design and the environment. I am looking to apply to the University of Michigan for Landscape Architecture and Sustainability. I want to thank you for helping to build my skills as it related to what I wanted to try and pursue in the future. The Sensiware project is a big reason I started to pay attention to inclusion practices and how they affect everyone.
These are the faculty at Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University that lead the EPIC Project
- Bill Fischer: Founder/Producer/Instructor
- Susan Bonner: Producer/Instructor
- Chris Brown: Instructor
- Mike Dollar: Instructor
- John Ladebauche: Site Development
- Colin Winchell: Animation
- Sarah Puett: Animation
- Jon Alderink: Illustration
- Jacob Pryor: Imaging
- Brenda Snell: Branding